Construction and Plumbing Inspector
Sorry, this job has expired.
Water District 17 (WCID 17) is a retail non-profit public utility that has been providing quality water and wastewater service to customers in the Lake Travis area for over 55 years.
We are now hiring a Construction and Plumbing Inspector. This position reports to the Inspections Supervisor and is responsible for conducting construction and plumbing inspections of municipal and residential water and sewer systems.
As part of the Inspections Department, you will review, inspect and oversee construction of both municipal and residential water/waste water systems. Ideally you should have a successful track record as a licensed Plumbing Inspector, construction inspections experience, and team building and leadership skills.
• High school degree or GED equivalent.
• 8 years of experience relating to plumbing, plumbing inspection, construction, maintenance, or repair of utilities, or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Related college education or relevant technical training may be substituted for experience on year for year basis.
• Plumbing Inspector License issued by the State Board of Plumbing Examiners.
• Texas Driver’s License.
• Knowledge of equipment, facilities, materials, methods and procedures used in maintenance, construction and repair activities.
• Knowledge of cross connection control procedures.
• Inspect and approve all phases of public and private utilities construction and improvement work to assure that the appropriate is completed in compliance with the plans, standards, specifications, special requirements, codes and regulations; issue corruption notices or approvals as required.
• Perform plumbing plan review and assessment. Provide written feedback for deviations from approved District construction methods, codes or regulations, including the Uniform Plumbing Code.
• Inspect and approve all aspects of construction and installation of water lines, waste water lines, water meters, hydrants, service lines, fire lines, cross connection control devices and related utilities and do plumbing inspections as assigned.
• Inspect construction work under excavation, clearing and grading permits.
• Inspect to assure compliance with local, State or Federal standards for any right-of-way, street use, other permits issued to private contractors.
• Coordinate activities and schedules with utility companies, contractors, property owners and other MUD departments. Resolve conflicts within scope of authority.
• Provide information and respond to inquiries from contractors, property owners, staff, and the general public regarding assigned public works and plumbing projects.
• Maintain a variety of logs and records related to inspection activities.
• Perform work in accordance with safety policies and procedures.
• Train and mentor less experienced Inspectors on work methods.
• Resolve differences in interpretation of plans and specifications as related to code compliance issues.
• Compile information and prepare construction and inspection reports as required.
• Perform preventative maintenance and repair work as assigned.
• Read meters.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
• Skill in operation of pipe locator, pressure gauges, and testing equipment.
• Ability to perform heavy manual tasks for extended periods of time.
• Ability to work safely.
• Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, other departments and the public.
• Ability to understand and carry out written and oral instructions and tolerate outside working conditions, including exposure to adverse weather conditions.
All applicants will be reviewed and those applicants whose qualifications best match the requirements of the position will be contacted to participate in the selection process, which will include pre-employment assessments and one or more panel interviews.
Offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a pre-placement physical examination (which includes drug screening), clearance by a pre-placement background check, and verifying his/her right to be legally employed in the United States.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.